So here it is, my version of Bell Pepper Beef.
|The Green Party|
In additional to bell pepper, I used jalapeno pepper.
Beef (the cut of your choice. I used Flank steak)
Bell Pepper (2-3)
Jalapeno pepper (1) (this is optional, and the amount is all up to you)
Garlic (a few cloves)
Ginger (thumb size)
Shallots (2-3 small shallots)
1. Slice the beef as thin as you can. The thinner the more tender when it cooks.
2. Remove the seeds from the Bell Pepper and the Jalapeno pepper. Wash, clean and cut into small pieces. I cut my bell pepper length-wise.
3. Chop the garlic, ginger and shallots.
As always, make sure you start with a good size pot/pan
4. Stir fry the garlic, ginger and shallots until fragrance.
5. Add the beef and stir fry, keep the heat as high as possible. (Note: I like to do this in batches so that the beef can be seared evenly. If you add all the beef at once, you will lower the temperature in the pan and your beef will be "simmered" instead of "seared")
|Stir Fry in action|
6. When the beef is half-cooked, add the pepper.
7. Add a splash of soy sauce, a pinch of salt and some black pepper.