I am a scientist who loves to cook because there are many similarities between working in a lab and cooking in a kitchen. I love to share my cooking experience with you and to inspire others to cook.

Friday, October 4, 2019

Tres Leches Cake (3 milk cake)


Make a sponge or chiffon cake, soak it in 3 kinds of milk and you get this cake.

Rather than making the sponge cake, I bought one instead, to save time and effort.



I mixed 1 can of evaporated milk, 1/2 can of sweetened condensed milk and 350ml of heavy cream and a splash of rum. Fast forward, I can actually reduce the amount of condensed milk to 1/4 can and it will still taste good. 

For the cream topping, i whipped 470ml of cream with 2 tablespoon of granulated sugar. 

I soaked the cake overnight; making sure I added enough milk mixture.






No comments:

Post a Comment