I am a scientist who loves to cook because there are many similarities between working in a lab and cooking in a kitchen. I love to share my cooking experience with you and to inspire others to cook.

Friday, October 12, 2018

Lemon Tart (Tart Eu Citron)










Deconstructed lemon tart to be precise.

I am scared of making a tart because of the complication so I decided to make a tart-less tart. Since I need the crunch, I decided to use digestive biscuits.

The recipe for the filling that I used is this

I made three lemon tarts.

First tart: Make the digestive bottom based on this recipe, which was not pre-baked. The tart was overbaked. I misjudged what "wobbly in the center" mean. The sourness and sweetness were balanced but I did not get the silky filling. The digestive biscuit bottom was completely soggy. Not crunch.

Second tart: Repeat the above. Baked the digestive biscuits on a side until crispy brown colour. I omitted the sugar from the digestive biscuits. Didn't need that much sugar in my diet. I also reduce the sugar from the filling. Bad mistake. I misjudged "wobbly in the center" again and this time I underbaked. The tart was too sour. I also over-zested.

Third tart: I cut the ingredients of the filling by half. I used 3 eggs and slightly more heavy cream. I didn't overzest, I used the right amount of sugar. Baked the digestive biscuits on the side. The tart was set at around 16 minutes point, which was when I took it out. I thought I overbaked because the center was quite set.

But this was what I got...









No comments:

Post a Comment