I am a scientist who loves to cook because there are many similarities between working in a lab and cooking in a kitchen. I love to share my cooking experience with you and to inspire others to cook.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

french toast



I had some stale french bread that have hardened. Unless I have the jaw of The Hulk, I will not attempt biting on to it. In a spur of the moment, I have decided to make french toast. In the past, I have only knew of using eggs, but after a quick glance of the internet, I realized there can be other ingredients. I also have some leftover orange juice from a party and alas, within 5 minutes, I put together the "batter" needed for the french toast.

Ingredients
2 eggs, beaten
splash of orange juice
splash of milk
large pinch of sugar
small pinch of salt
Bread





Instructions
1. Mix the wet ingredients, sugar and salt together.
2. Heat some oil in a pan.
3. Dip the bread in the "batter" and transfer them to the pan.
4. Cook until the surface turns slight brown.





                      French Toast and Vietnamese Coffee on a lazy weekend morning. Bliss

I never knew orange juice can be used to make french toast but it makes total sense. Now I know, I can use other juices, such as pear, peach, pineapple, whichever I find myself having.

No comments:

Post a Comment