I am a scientist who loves to cook because there are many similarities between working in a lab and cooking in a kitchen. I love to share my cooking experience with you and to inspire others to cook.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Mushroom Chicken Soup







Since I made the chicken mushroom glutinous rice, I was left with many chicken thigh bones! Yes, I thought ahead and saved them all after de-boning the thigh meat.

I put all the bones in a pot and boiled it. Once all the scum emerged, I changed the water to a fresh pot of water. Then I added about 8-10 shiitake mushrooms and a piece of thumb-size ginger.

That's all!  Isn't that simple? Oh, don't forget the salt.

Soup spoils easily, so I highly recommend that you freeze them in batches if you make a big pot of these.


No comments:

Post a Comment