This drink that I am about to tell you is a cocktail made with Soju and, you guessed it, watermelon.
I had this drink for the first time in Korean town and they charge you $30 for each order of watermelon soju that serves about 6 generous portions.
Remind me, what goes into watermelon soju? Watermelon + soju. $30?? Hmmm....
Let's figure out how to make this drink ourselves.
a) a water melon
b) a bottle of cheap soju. You don't want to waste a bottle of good liquor by making cocktails, do you?
c) 2-3 lemons - juiced
d) a few tablespoons of sugar - dissolved in a pot or microwave
e) heaps of ice cubes
1) Slice the water melon into equal halves.
2) scoop the flesh into a bowl. SAVE THE SHELL
3) Blend the watermelon in a blender.
4) Add ice cubes to the blender and blend again (we used the pulverize function)
5) Pour the watermelon juice into the watermelon "shell"
6) Pour soju into the watermelon juice (how much? totally up to you but you want to be able to taste and smell soju as you drink)
7) Add lemon juice and dissolved sugar.
|Did I hear "just a splash"? No....|